Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Stove-top admiration

While I'm cleaning the stove today, Andrew (busy as ever building Lego Star Wars characters and "doing his business" on LegoClub.com and LegoShop.com) peers up from his reverie and exclaims quietly: "You're good!" I thank him sheepishly and continue on my crusade against cooked on gunk. A few moments later, he peers up again and states: "You're fast!" I laugh and ruffle his hair. No matter how hard I am on him, Andrew retains a sweetness and easy-going manner that just can't be beat. He's what I like to call a-good-husband-in-the-making!

"If you're not inspired by your kids, you need to spend more time with them!"

- Jackie's Vietnamese proverb

After I get done cleaning my lovely food-maker, I retreat to the Bat Cave (i.e. my room). Minutes following, Andrew clunks over to my door holding a large Sterilite container with a few handfuls of Legos. "The computer's all for you, Ma." he alerts me, signalling that he is done with Legoshop/Legoclub.com for the day. Harkens me back to the days when he first moved in and he told Alex with much grown-upness, one fine day on the phone, "Just a minute" as he balanced the horn between his shoulder and ear in order to free up his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment